Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My Protools setup is fine.

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I remember years back when I got rid of my tape machines and went to a digital format, struggling with PT SE....I thought there was no way I'd ever get this stuff without losing the rest of my hair! Then I took the plunge and went with a full blown PTHD system. At that time 10 was as high as it went. I'm still there and will upgrade to 12 when I build out my room. The need isn't there yet and I'm fine with where I'm at. Since I'm on a big Mac(not the burger!) I also have Logic Pro X which is a nice program. I maintain it with upgrades just in case I get a mix project that is in Logic but still prefer PT.

I have no problem with dinosaurs.
    Chord with this, Teddy......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cavedog101 View Post
    I remember years back when I got rid of my tape machines and went to a digital format, struggling with PT SE....I thought there was no way I'd ever get this stuff without losing the rest of my hair! Then I took the plunge and went with a full blown PTHD system. At that time 10 was as high as it went. I'm still there and will upgrade to 12 when I build out my room. The need isn't there yet and I'm fine with where I'm at. Since I'm on a big Mac(not the burger!) I also have Logic Pro X which is a nice program. I maintain it with upgrades just in case I get a mix project that is in Logic but still prefer PT.

I have no problem with dinosaurs.
    The full blown HD system was nice because it had DSP processing for the plugins and the mixer ran on the DSP hardware cards. Unfortunately they made the new versions of protools incompatible with non avid hardware (which at one point I had $80,000.00 worth of their hardware that I could not upgrade ), and introduced "lease-ware" to this computing sector ( the main program and/or plugins don't work unless you pay a subscription).

This is why I boycotted protools, and will never use it for recording again. And will never offer it in any of my recording studios.

Thread Information