mp3 option

JTC111

I've got PT 7.4.2 with MP Toolkit. Does anyone know if that includes the "mp3 option"? And if it does, where do I find it?

I believe it does. The install stuff for it should be on your protools install cd. Correct me if I'm wrong!

I called Sweetwater tech support and found out the deal. It's an option during install but the option is for a trial version only. If you want it after the trial version expires, it's a $20 upgrade.

Really? So when it says "pro tools mp3 option" on the music production toolkit features list that just means you have the *option* to buy it for extra if you want it???

Weak! Then again, just put it in itunes or get yourself a free lame encoder.

Yeah, there's a lot of things they list as stuff you're getting but you only wind up with a limited version. It's f'n annoying. I really need to go through all the plugs and make a list of what I actually have because on a bunch you have limited access.

Really? So when it says "pro tools mp3 option" on the music production toolkit features list that just means you have the *option* to buy it for extra if you want it???

Weak! Then again, just put it in itunes or get yourself a free lame encoder.

Yes but can you still import an mp3 into PT without the Mp3 option?

The music production toolkit does include the ability to import/export MP3s.
Sweetwater told you wrong

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?langid=100&itemid=4865
Pro Tools MP3 Option
By including the Pro Tools MP3 Option, the Music Production Toolkit makes it easy to listen to a new mix on a portable device or quickly share it with other band members without having to use a separate application.

Yikes...$495...what about the $20 mp3 option? Can you import with that?

The music production toolkit does include the ability to import/export MP3s.
Sweetwater told you wrong

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?langid=100&itemid=4865
Pro Tools MP3 Option
By including the Pro Tools MP3 Option, the Music Production Toolkit makes it easy to listen to a new mix on a portable device or quickly share it with other band members without having to use a separate application.

Damn, I looked all over for that information and couldn't find it. Thanks Benny.

Yikes...$495...what about the $20 mp3 option? Can you import with that?

Actually, they were running a deal where it was $245 if you were buying an 003. It was worth it to me just for the TL Space reverb and Smack compressor alone. Those are two excellent plugs. Plus, it bumps the 32 track ceiling up to 48 stereo tracks @ 96kHz. Well worth $245.

I've got PT 7.4.2 with MP Toolkit. Does anyone know if that includes the "mp3 option"? And if it does, where do I find it?

Yes, MP toolkit comes with the MP3 option.

You can use it thru the bounce-to-disk function - when you're chosing what your target file format is, there should be MP3 in there.

On a side-note, it uses the Fraunhofer encoder algorythms, which supposidly is the best out there!

Back