MIDI problems

Schwarzenyaeger

Formerly "Dog-In-Door"
I wrote two parts for a song in Guitar Pro in MIDI and am trying to import them into my session.
The thing is that I wrote one at 65bpm and the other at 130. I can't use them in the same session since it's either 2x too fast or half the normal speed.
Is there a way to make an entire MIDI region change its speed or note length regardless of the sessions BPM?

I wrote two parts for a song in Guitar Pro in MIDI and am trying to import them into my session.
The thing is that I wrote one at 65bpm and the other at 130. I can't use them in the same session since it's either 2x too fast or half the normal speed.
Is there a way to make an entire MIDI region change its speed or note length regardless of the sessions BPM?

Set the session tempo to either 65 or 130 and import both midi files.
Depending on your choice, one of them will be 2x too long, or half as long as it should be, as you said.
Stick to grid mode, make sure both midi regions start at exactly the same point, and click and hold on the extend tool option.
You know...the bracket thing?

As you hold it should give you a drop down of options, one of which is TCE something something.
This is basically midi stretch. Use it to make the odd man out the same length as the other.

That should do the job.

I use this a lot as SSD4 allows you to audition loops at 1/2 or 2x speed but, from what I can see, import to time line is always at 1x.

Also, thank god for the "restore performance" function. RESET, RESET!!!

I like to use the quantize randomize function but I find that it tends to clip the next note it therefore doesn't receive a "MIDI on" message and won't play.
Is there way to stop it from doing this? The "preserve note length" doesn't seem to do it.

Back