Midi Files

Johnnie K.

Alright.

I use Reason and Pro Tools. I made the beat in Reason, exported it to a Midi File. I then imported it into Pro Tools. The Midi file appeared but when I went to playback, I had no sound but when I played the same beat in Reason I heard it. I had both application open at the time. I thought if I just open PT it'll work but it didn't.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

Take a look here: digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=199&itemid=27606

Under the Pro Tools Accelerated Videos you'll find two videos about using Pro Tools and Reason together.

Alright.

I use Reason and Pro Tools. I made the beat in Reason, exported it to a Midi File. I then imported it into Pro Tools. The Midi file appeared but when I went to playback, I had no sound but when I played the same beat in Reason I heard it. I had both application open at the time. I thought if I just open PT it'll work but it didn't.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

Why don't you use reason as a ReWire instrument into PT?

Why don't you use reason as a ReWire instrument into PT?

I'm actually going to do that. I was testing out two different methods to see which would be easier.

1. Rewire Reason into PT set up an audio track(s), select the input on the track as the output of Reason & record the sound real-time (just like an MPC). But as I watched videos, it's seem hard to do. Like, it seems like you have to go through so much just to get things going. But I guess I have to give it a try now.

2. Bounce each individual track directly from Reason (no Rewire) & import them into PT manually. This way I would have tracked out and sequenced the beat.

Oh, I finally got sounds.

Back