mbox 2 mini input problem!!! distortion

guitarmagic

I bought an mbox 2 mini about a month ago and its been working fine. I've done the odd recording with it but i'm using it to learn pro tools and using pro tools for editing.

The other day i plugged in my guitar through my mackie than took the direct out to the mbox like i usualy do and for some reason the signal was distorted, i couldnt even hear the guitar. I didnt touch it for a day or so and now i plugged the guitar back in and its doing the same thing.

I changed to channel 2 and its the same thing, i plugged directly on both channels and i've used the pad but nothign seems to work. I also unplugged everything and i still get white noise when i select the input in pro tools... Do i have to get it replaced?:confused:

Well i'm plugging in my guitar into the mbox. And i have the mackie in between the guitar and mbox because i like to monitor through the mackie, it makes it a lot easier... it also does it when i plug my guitar direct into the mbox(no mackie) and also when nothing is plugged in at all.

Are you able to monitor at all from the mbox? Is it the only soundcard on your computer? Probably it would help to have more info on how you are coming out of the mbox to monitors or is it just headphones? It could be a defective product but there is other troubleshooting to do first. Check all the connecting cables.

Line one is the mini preamp and line 2 is not. If you plug the guitar direct then it should go in line 1.

Rusty K

Well I have the mbox outputs plugged into 2 tape returns on my mackie board. And than my monitors are connected to the board.

But i switched usb ports about 2 days ago and now i'm not getting any distortion. So maybe it was that and i'm hoping it was that. So far so good.

Back