M-Audio with pro tools

lukeslim

Hi folks,
I have a M Audio 1010lt and going to install Pro Tools M audio version.
Will the pro tools take over my sound card so I can't use other software
like Audition?
Thanks Luke.

Nope that won't happen. I can use Pro Tools and Cakewalk Home Studio with my M-Audio soundcard. I think I've even used them simultaneously to drag files from Home Studio into Pro Tools.

I use PT and adobe audition as well....never tried them at the same time...but Its not a problem to use either...

I have used Adobe Audition for years....back in the Cool Edit days....I switched to Protools about 6 months ago. I continued to use Adobe Audition for a month or so after I got pro tools working just so I could try to learn the software. I would track in AA and import tracks into PT just to play. Then I purchased 4 disks from the Multiplatinum Pro Tools line and I took off with Protools ( www.multiplatinumprotools.com ). I cant say enough about how much these disks helped me....my first purchase was for 3 of them...I think it was 17 hours worth which I have only watched 3 or 4 hours and have learned so much. Anyway...back to the question...I now just use AA for mastering OR as I have recently found out that I cant use more than 1 interface in Protools m-powered so If 8 inputs is not enough, I will track with AA becasue I have 2 Delta 1010's and can use both of them there....

Thanks for the info it has been helpful.
Have just installed M-Audio version as have the same sound card as you,so far Pro tools seems way complicated compared to Audition.
Will take me a while to feel comfortable with it.
Cheers Luke

Just try and find some tutorial videos online. Getting started with protools can be daunting, but once you know the basics, you'll be stoked about switching from audition.

When I bought my mbox 2 pro it came with a dvd of tutorials. Did m-powered come with anything like this?

Just try and find some tutorial videos online. Getting started with protools can be daunting, but once you know the basics, you'll be stoked about switching from audition.

When I bought my mbox 2 pro it came with a dvd of tutorials. Did m-powered come with anything like this?

The M-powered has little there are lots of Pdf files to get info but its not easy.:eek: would prefer a book.Have just ordered one that gets good reviews and covers m-powder version.
Thanks and cheers

www.multiplatinumprotools.com is great. you can youtube that and find a few 8 to 10 min clips. I have only barely broken the surface of watching these dvd's and I feel way ahead of where I would be without them...its worth the $40 or so to get the mixing dvd....I purchased the university pack that has 3 dvd's then last week purchased the mastering dvd....mucho info...

Back