Low volume output on exported audio files (.wav, .mp3) created on ProTools 11 Softwar

Mac001

When recording voice audio on my ProTools 11 Software, I get a good strong waveform (and good volume thru the headset & when playing the recorded file on ProTools), however when I export (using "bounce" command) the file to create the .wav and .mp3 files - the output gain is consistently in the -40 range, and much too weak to use. What might be causing this? My audio recording output works fine on the free Audacity Software - so, I believe my difficulties are directly related to my ProTools Software.
FYI, I use a 64-bit 2.60 GHz HP Intel Laptop, 8 GB RAM, Window 8 operating system; A Motu Ultralite mk3 preamp; and a Mohave 201 FET condenser microphone.
Thanks for any suggestions!
Mac

The difference here you are experiencing is that the volume that is produced while you're in PT11 is different from the volume of your system.

One is most controlled by ASIO or whatever driver PT is using and one is controlled by your system's master volume.

On Macs both are controlled by a master audio driver that makes the session be as loud as the bounce.

My mixes are always a lot louder inside my PT session than after the bounce in Windows as well.

That's all I got.

Export a file then import that file into a new session.
Comparing the file in media player and in a new ProTools session will confirm or rule out the above.

Back