Looking into pro tools just for editing.

guitarmagic

Hey guys quick question, i'm looking to buy an mbox2 mini so i can have pro tools. Right now i'm using ableton live but the only thing that it can do is edit drum tracks really nicely. i cant group tracks or anything like that. Since the school i'm going to in august uses only pro tools and they offer the pro tools certification exam, i figured why not incorporate pro tools into my existing set up.

I'm looking to pay around 300$ so i figured the mbox2 mini is the way to go. The software that comes with that will it be everything i need? And can i import unlimited amount of tracks from ableton than edit them, then put them back in ableton to do my mix down? I probably won't be doing any recording into pro tools but i need the hardware to make it work. What do you guys think of this?

1. I wouldn't say that PT is all your ever need, but it's damn good for editing.

2. The PT "le" version that comes with the mbox is limited to 32 tracks.

3. Yes, you MUST have the hardware to make it work.

Great thanks for the quick answers! 32 tracks should be plenty i'm not planning on mixing in pro tools. Just moving wav files to it for editing. Ill probably go pick it up this weekend.

Back