Looking to Buy Pro Tools

I don't understand what all the commotion is about other options being cheaper then Pro Tools.

I bought my used DIGI 001 rig on e-bay, in the box with all the original parts, documentation and software for $100.

Sure it isn't HD, but for someone just starting to get into it? Sounds pretty cost-effective to me.

-Kev

Would you have been better with an Mbox? A little more cash but 001 only for Mac and not supported anymore.

OK, but now you've got me interested...

I poked around the net a bit and there are some nice factory bundle packages in the $500 to $600 range.
I'm assuming sessions created on the digi 001 will still run the same on mbox, after all it's still Pro Tools LE right?

OK, but now you've got me interested...

I poked around the net a bit and there are some nice factory bundle packages in the $500 to $600 range.
I'm assuming sessions created on the digi 001 will still run the same on mbox, after all it's still Pro Tools LE right?

I'm betting it will depend on the PT version. Someone out there more versen in PT would know better. Typically an older version of software will open with a newer version, at least with Sonar that is the case.

Pro tools LE was designed to run on XP Home edition. Not originally, though. It came out before XP did, but has been upgraded to run on it ever since XP's inception.

Back