locking effects....

thajeremy

registered abuser
I know in Adobe Audition, you have the capibility of locking effects to help save on system resources....is there a similar function in protools?

Yea...thats what I started doing....the tracks that I knew I had the way I wanted them...I just used the Audio Suite and made the changes, and processed and went about my buisiness...I was able to clear out about 12 plugs which made a big differance....

What I like to do here is buss to a new track and record through to the new track, then hide and make inactive the old track. This way its simple to go back and make a quick change if I'm not happy later.

when you say record to the new track...you mean bounce right?

it's kind of the same thing. Bouncing usually refers to the Bounce to Disk command. Bouncing to a new track just avoids the whole process of having to import or even convert your tracks back into Pro Tools. You just change the outputs of the tracks to a bus and set the input of a new track to that same bus. Then press record.

it's kind of the same thing. Bouncing usually refers to the Bounce to Disk command. Bouncing to a new track just avoids the whole process of having to import or even convert your tracks back into Pro Tools. You just change the outputs of the tracks to a bus and set the input of a new track to that same bus. Then press record.

Thanks for that tip. Does that mean you can "bounce" multiple tracks at once, by using several buses? That would have been handy a few weeks ago.

Thanks for that tip. Does that mean you can "bounce" multiple tracks at once, by using several buses? That would have been handy a few weeks ago.

sure. if you have 12 tracks with a bunch of plugins on them...create 12 new tracks and bus the tracks individually to them. Or maybe mix and match them by bouncing all the guitars together, all the drums together, etc. Then you can just disable the original tracks so you still have them in case you need to go back and change something.

sure. if you have 12 tracks with a bunch of plugins on them...create 12 new tracks and bus the tracks individually to them. Or maybe mix and match them by bouncing all the guitars together, all the drums together, etc. Then you can just disable the original tracks so you still have them in case you need to go back and change something.

this will come in handy for sure....

Yup! It's a great way to manage voices on an LE or M-Powered system. Or even on an hd system if you're running out of processing power.

Back