leopard

anyone have any inside info on digi leopard support?

from the Digi website...

Digidesign is excited about Apple’s new Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) release, and is working closely with Apple to bring support for the entire Pro Tools® product line to Apple’s latest operating system. Because Pro Tools software will not function with Leopard at this time, please wait to upgrade your operating system if you’re using Pro Tools on a Mac until we officially announce Leopard support.

Initial Leopard-compatibility with Pro Tools will not include support for Avid Mojo® and Avid Mojo® SDI, however support for Avid® video peripherals is expected in a future Pro Tools compatibility update.

For the latest Pro Tools compatibility information and software updates, please visit the Support section of the Digidesign website.

source: Information on Pro Tools Compatibility with Mac OS X Leopard

So it looks like a no-go for the time being...

has this been rectified since these posts? i'm using PT 7.3 with Leopard though having some problems with cpu usage. (disccussed in separate thread)

Check the DUC.

Apparently people are having completely mixed results. Stuff I've seen firsthand, is 7.4 not running in leopard, 7.3 running with some wierd menu glitches going on, 10.5 not recognizing mboxes. I've yet to see it running 100% fine on 10.5

I just started school for audio production and plenty of my classmates had no clue about digidesign's strict compatibility issues. Most people showed up with Leopard macs and mboxes. Needless to say, the first few PT classes were our teacher helping people install protools. The general consensus by the end of it was that sticking with 7.3 is your best bet until digi releases a patch, unless you've got a machine that you can load tiger on. In that case, definitely go back to Tiger.

I'm super stoked that I shopped around and found a slightly older MBP that came with Tiger installed!

Thanks

I actually should have Tiger...I bought my MBP with Tiger and the shop gave me Leopard as all MB's were to come with Leopard the following week..So i installed Leopard.

apparently there are similar problems with Final Cut Pro and Leopard.

GRrrr

7.4 WORKS with leopard

You can use 7.3 AND 7.4 with leopard.

To use 7.4 (here is the fix)

REMOVE Rewire from the plugin folder and BAM! works for now.

i'm using 7.4 cs2 with leopard, without any alterations at all.

however, i have noticed that it seems to be underpowered,and doesn't cope half as well as previous protools setups in tiger, so i've retreated to xp until leopard is official.

thought you'd want to know.

using tiger with 7.3 and working swimmingly..i uninstalled leopard, turned off airport,firewire and bluetooth and it reduced my CPU usage...thankfully as it was blocked before that

Thats a good thing, i will be purchasing a new macbook in a couple of months due to my school supplies (SAE) and I want to know that my pro tools will work with it (002 rack)

Back