Inserting Outboard compressor into my Digi 003. I need a some advice.

JarrodMP

I just bought a UA 2-1176 and am curious as to how i should insert it into my 003. I'm wanting to use it pre-fader before recording but have no insert sends on the back of the digi. There's 8 outs but no returns other than track inputs. I also have a Pre-Sonus Digimax preamp with 8 insert options on the back. Should I sacrifice two of my inputs on my Digi 003 or is there a 1/4 inch stereo to male/female XLR cable that i should use through the Pre-Sonus? I want to set it up to use pre for recording and post for mixing. I'm just a little confused as to how to go about hooking it up properly. It seems like if I sacrifice two channels on the 003 then I'm setting it up as a bus send instead of an insert. Am I crazy or am I just overthinking this? Any advice would be splendid. Thanks.

I just bought a UA 2-1176 and am curious as to how i should insert it into my 003. I'm wanting to use it pre-fader before recording but have no insert sends on the back of the digi. There's 8 outs but no returns other than track inputs. I also have a Pre-Sonus Digimax preamp with 8 insert options on the back. Should I sacrifice two of my inputs on my Digi 003 or is there a 1/4 inch stereo to male/female XLR cable that i should use through the Pre-Sonus? I want to set it up to use pre for recording and post for mixing. I'm just a little confused as to how to go about hooking it up properly. It seems like if I sacrifice two channels on the 003 then I'm setting it up as a bus send instead of an insert. Am I crazy or am I just overthinking this? Any advice would be splendid. Thanks.

can you go from mic/presonus preamp/s-1176/input of protools? Line in bypassing 003 preamps

Back