I don't even know what to call this

Schwarzenyaeger

Formerly "Dog-In-Door"
Some dumb b**** caused a power outage in our house.
I was in the middle of a session. My PC crashed and turned itself back on.

Whenever I try to open a session, I get this message:
Imgur

It seems to be trying to re-install Pro Tools.

However, if I open PT without a session, it opens fine and I can open any session from there.
Wtf?

Open the session the hard way then save it as normal and ALSO save as a new name too, so you have two copies of the session file.
Quit Protools. Will either of those open directly?

If not, trash PT preferences. Don't be a douche about it. Just do it. ;)

If you create a brand new session and save and quit, can you then open that session directly?

If none of the above is good, go for a full uninstall/reinstall. I think the PT installer comes bundled with an uninstaller.

Last edited:
Btw. if you ever find out why PT is doing that weird thing with the automation, tell me. It just turned itself on again. Now it will only either take the entire track level up and down or only an exact region. I have no control over the length anymore...

I tried everything...
A re-install it is.
f
dat
bitch

but thank you for your help

Shame. Ah well, at least it's reasonably handy to do.
Let us know how it goes, yeah?

Btw. if you ever find out why PT is doing that weird thing with the automation, tell me. It just turned itself on again. Now it will only either take the entire track level up and down or only an exact region. I have no control over the length anymore...

What exactly was the automation thing?
You can't adjust specific points on the automation?

I'm thinking you should try Reaper! :eek:

You can usually can put down two points and then use the tool on F6 to move the section between them.
Sometimes it doesn't work.

Maybe the reinstall will save me.

Hmm.
That's right. I didn't really understand last time and I don't this time! :p

It's not your explanation...It's just something I don't use so I'm not totally sure what you mean.

Could you do a short video of it working, or not working?

I've figured out what it is.

When you drop two dots on an automation line with the grabber tool and you shift one so that there is a difference in level between the two points, that happens.

Don't worry, it solved itself. :guitar:

Back