How to remove unwanted files from Pro Tools 10

carsoste

First of all let me say that I feel a bit stupid asking this, but I'm still fairly new to Pro Tools. I have about five or six titled files named after my song titles for example "Another Night" in Pro Tools that have nothing recorded in them that I would like to delete in Pro Tools 10. They're not specific regions or tracks, but whole files with file names, but they have nothing recorded in them and I don't plan on recording anything in them in the near future. So, I was just wondering if there's anyway that I could delete those unwanted files? If that's possible and someone could tell me how to do that I'd be most grateful.
Thanks
carsoste

Are you talking about unwanted regions or audio takes within a protools session?

If so, go to mix window and look for the region list down the right hand side.
If it's not there, you'll need to expand it out. There's a little arrow somewhere.

Within that you can select > all unused audio (+or whatever it is you want to clear).
The go back in and select delete.

If you're talking about actual session files (.ptf), then you just delete them from the session folder under windows or OSX.

Last edited:
Back