HELP-PT 11.3.1 has run out of CPU AAE-9173

Dmac252

I am continuously have this problem any advice would be appreciated.

I am only running 16 tracks I am a long time hobbyist user this does not seem like an inordinate amount of plugins for a system with a fairly robust configuration. I have attached screen captures of the pro tools error which shows the active plugins and a capture of my system configuration.
As an aside I do not have any apps in my startup configuration ( other than sysyem requirements) additionally I typically go to Task manager to end any processes that may have started i.e browser of itunes stuff

Any ideas why this would be happening?

Hi,
What is your buffer size set to?
If it's less than 256, it's probably causing the problem.

Have a look under setup>playback engine.

You really shouldn't have to go around closing other apps and programs...It's 2015.
Ok, it's a decent guideline to follow but running iTunes or safari shouldn't tickle protools on an i7 machine.

I Agree my I7 should be up to the task it is quite annoying. Anyway buffer size is set to 512 at present.

I Agree my I7 should be up to the task it is quite annoying. Anyway buffer size is set to 512 at present.

512 is reasonably high. It shouldn't be the source of the problem.

There are two main things I would do.
The first is download and run protools database and preference trasher.
It will remove preference files and will reset things like recently opened sessions etc, but will not do any damage to existing sessions or anything like that.
It's safe to run.

Protools is finicky. That trasher is a lifesaver very often for me.

Beyond that, I'd take a look at your hard drive configuration.
Are you recording to the system drive? Is it a 5400 or 7200 speed drive, or an SSD?

Are you running heavy sample libraries?

It may be that Protools can't get data from the drives fast enough. In my experience, the error message may or may not be accurate.

Use PT system monitor to see what's maxing out, if anything.

Hope something there is useful. Please do come back if it isn't.

Back