HELP! Digi 002 problem!

farewellending

Hey,
I have a Digi002 mixing console - when I turned it on last night it just lit up and the mute button stayed on. Nothing changed at all. When trying to move the faders they simple move back to their position. I tried turning it off and turning it back on, restarting the computer, and starting up protools (it comes up with the message no hardware found). I switched out all of the cables and nothing is working - it is as if the console is just frozen. It did come up with the usual message the one time that said "Validating . " but the dots never moved and I left it like that for 20 minutes. HELP ME! I did nothing wrong to the unit and it has been taken care of it and I have recording sessions scheduled coming up! Thanks

-Tom

ebaytom2704@yahoo.com

sounds like it might be the ol' power supply issue that was common with the 002's.

Contact Digidesign Tech Support for information on getting it repaired or for information on getting the part shipped if you think you can replace it yourself.

Really? Because I could just be using the wrong power supply with it (I have a bunch of them)

you have a bunch of power supplies?
sorry, by power supply I mean power harness. If this IS the problem, it's a known issue with those units. Especially if you have "rev G" or earlier of the 002 (should say somewhere on it or in a manual). You should call Digi and ask them what they can do for you.

Back