Having Alot of Trouble With Protools LE 8

..Ares..

So Here it is..

Awhile ago when protools le 8 came out I bought it and installed it on my HP Windows 7
desktop. It worked GREAT for a couple years..recently I had to reprogram my computer.
First thing I wanted back on it was my PT..But now it wont install..Ive tried many
links for all different versions of LE 8...most say I need a service pk for vista or Xp..
Also.. I have a Disc..But I cant even get the disc to load when I put it in the drive..
This has to be the most frustrating thing ive ever dealt with. My computer is up to date
with all of its updates still I can not install my protools..any help would be much! appreciated..thanks

If the installer is giving errors about xp/vista service packs, you're probably trying to install an older version.
I think you'd need at least 8.0.3.

The most up to date versions of PT8 installers will be available for download in your avid.com account.

Well I've tried a few diff verisons including 8.0.4...also there are no downloads on my account..I didn't buy protocols from them..I bought the mbox from musiciansfriend.com ..avid and their site are zero help..

If you set up an avid account and register your product you should have access to all the downloads you'll need.
This wont be true if you bought 2nd hand and the product was registered to the original owner.

That said, if you're trying 8.0.4 maybe there's more to this.

You reinstalled windows, right? What exact version are you running now?
Do you get the same service pack error from the disc or is there a different error?

I've had similar problems with the same version of PT but on a MAC. I got my copy S/H so don't have access to the full download. Certain things would just not install (the Creative Collection Plugins). I still have my Windows installs running though (although it is a resource hungry S.O.B as compared with Reaper). I thought that maybe my disk was damaged on the MAC layer but I'm not 100% sure. I think you can download the 8.0.3 updater from the AVID site. Insert the disk into the drive first and then use the 8.0.3 updater as your installer -- it will get what it needs off the disk. Also make sure your Windows is up to date. If you get it installed you can then grab the 8.05 updater and run that. Worth a go. Good luck

Back