Free rtas spectrum analyzer?

Me too, you beat me to the punch. Also I'm looking for a PI that will show me what my mix looks like freq wise, I know Peak has a cool one but I'm not sure what I'm actually asking for.

Yes, I know what to look for.

Since moving and setting up in my new room, I'm experiencing a bit less low end than usual. Just want to see what exactly I'm missing.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/roomeq/

use that.

of course, do you know what you're looking for when you do it? ;)

and this is free http://www.rogernicholsdigital.com/inspector.html

Would anybody have some useful information on what exactly you are looking for? My room is treated nicely for highs and mids, but has essentially no low end treatment at all. It would be good to know what the room is doing to my mixes... Do you run a sweep with a sine wave listening via a flat omni (Naiant MSH1?) and then see what resosnances, lively spots, and dead spots are in the results?

Thanks for any info, this PT forum, while not as commonly posted to, has been really helpful.

Would anybody have some useful information on what exactly you are looking for? My room is treated nicely for highs and mids, but has essentially no low end treatment at all. It would be good to know what the room is doing to my mixes... Do you run a sweep with a sine wave listening via a flat omni (Naiant MSH1?) and then see what resosnances, lively spots, and dead spots are in the results?

Thanks for any info, this PT forum, while not as commonly posted to, has been really helpful.

Typically you look for any extreme nulls and extreme boosts in the frequencies. And if you have a program that will build a "waterfall graph" you can see the different decay times at each frequency. I think most people suggest a decay time of 300ms and less is where you should shoot for.

I've used the Room EQ Wizard and like it. It showed me I had about an 8dB dip at 126Hz that I didn't know about. I just used a Radio Shack SPL meter with my sound card to measure.

Ummmmm...
benniechico11,

I downloaded the Inspector plug but it's not showing up in PT's plugin list.

Rusty K

There are several free ones from kvraudio. The one I use most is "Blue Cat Frequency Analyst". Some other free ones are: "multi inspector free" (not the same as the inspector mentioned above), "Sonogram" and "Vizualizer Music Tech". I couldn't get "Voxengo Span" working with Pro Tools.

(I think most of the ones I mentioned need the VST to RTAS adapter)

bennychico11,

Just want you to know that you are big help always...thanks man. I'm sure the stereo file is the difference and probably why I'm not seeing the massey mastering plug that I downloaded.

Rusty K

Back