first mixdown

Rusty K

Hello again,

First I apologize for posting so many questions. I do read the manual but some things are still a little gray. I'm at the point now of doing my first mixdown with PT but I'm not sure how to do a fade at the end. Oh I've read about doing a fade but with my old multitrack software the mixdown went automatically into an edit window where further processing such as trims, fades and mastering could be done. Also I'd like to try the Massey L2007 mastering plug but it only works on a stereo file. Where do I save the bounce to disk mixdown in order to do further processing?

Actually I have done a mixdown/bounce to disk already but I used my old software to further process the mixed file. I might add that I didn't like the results using my old software and soundcard processors to master and I'm defeating the purpose of having PT to use that method.

I'd appreciate any help....

Thanks,
Rusty K

For the Massey L2007, create a 'Stereo Master Track', and insert it on that. That will put it over the entire session.

For fades, you can automate the volume on the stereo master track. I'm not sure how to explain, but it should be in the manual. To fade a single track, select the end section that you want to fade, and select EDIT > Fades.

Gherkin,

I've got it! That's all I needed. Sometimes I need a little kick start. :D

Thanks so much for your time.

Rusty K

Back