Eleven Rack/ Pro Tools 11

fuzzsniffvoyage

Just got in the mail from Sweetwater.

Trying to download Protools. Keep getting web site unavailable.

I am finding it very difficult to navigate Avids web site. I am not impressed so far, starting to regret the purchase.

Any one with similar difficulties with Avid's web site? :mad:

What ya know, I start my rant, and it starts working. Any way, a 1GB file going to take 3 or 4 hrs to down load.....that sucks.

Maybe something is wrong with it today, but I've downloaded stuff from them in the past with no problems. Either their site is having a problem or your isp is.

Protools website isn't great, to be fair, but once you know it it's not too bad.

You just just have a straight forward products section where you can download your stuff.
I don't know that I've had any speed issues downloading from them in the past but, then, my broadband was <5mb until recently! :eek:

You can either download straight through your browser or use their download manager IIRC.
Try the latter. At least if it shits itself you'll be able to resume.

On the other hand...You could be bitching about the CD you lost. ;)

Alrighty then.

I have the ProTools 11 down loaded and installed. Opens fine. Now I just need to set it up so my Tascam US-1800 as the interface. I'm going to try using the spdif out on the 11 rack to the US-1800. So far no so good. I'll ask the guys over on the Tascam section.

You probably already know it, but you can also use the 11Rack as an interface.

Yeah, I was thinking about using it for another interface. But you can only use 1 of the inputs at a time. That's the reason I bought the SPDIF cable. I can still use the mic pre, DI. There's also 2 line ins.

Back