Easier Way HELP!!!!

iceberg_623

I just got the pro tools mbox mini and have been trying to get my tracks into pro tools to play back on time .Right now i've been trimming the start of each track and moving each track to start on the same bar.This is time comsuming there has to be a easier way to get my tracks to start all on the same time .Someone told me i have to get a midi interface so i can link my drum machine so they all start on the same time but i really dont want to record midi data i just want to track each sound from my drum machine into pro tools and mix them down and record some lyrics. HELP!!!!!!

I just got the pro tools mbox mini and have been trying to get my tracks into pro tools to play back on time .Right now i've been trimming the start of each track and moving each track to start on the same bar.This is time comsuming there has to be a easier way to get my tracks to start all on the same time .Someone told me i have to get a midi interface so i can link my drum machine so they all start on the same time but i really dont want to record midi data i just want to track each sound from my drum machine into pro tools and mix them down and record some lyrics. HELP!!!!!!

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by "start at the same time", but try this:

make sure that your ruler is set in bars+beats, open the transport control (ctrl or apple+1 on the numberpad), turn on "preroll" by clicking on the "pre" button, and set the preroll to be 1 bar (this is assuming you've entered the tempo of the song into PT).

And provided that your edit insertion isn't following playback (check your prefs), each time you stop rec'ing and then start again it will begin playing at the same point, and then 1 bar later will begin rec'ing.

ah, i suspect he's battling usb latency.

there's a nob on the front you should try turning, if i'm right.

Yeah it will start recording one bar later but if i dont press play from the drum machine exactly on time for all 16 tracks then they sound offbeat All i want is to have all 16 tracks for a 8 bar loop to sound on beat.Thanks guys for your replies but what i'm trying to do is get my tracks to play back on the same bar similar to like the way a sequencer would play back your tracks.Like right now when i record the drum kick on track 1 then the snare on track 2 ,if i dont hit play on my drum machine to record into pro tools at the same exact time that i recorded the kick then the track sounds all off beat .I need all tracks to start recording on the exact same bar every time i record a sound from my drum machine that way each track sounds on beat. I'll try the tips you gave me see if they work . Thanks.

o i c

your kinda using the wrong tool for the job, you need to learn about midi time code and things of the like that i never have to use.
or learn to edit the tracks so that the 0 point is the same (which i guess you are, you just need to get faster at it.

Back