dumb question, but new to PT

yeah, I have the ilock but dont know what it does as of yet. Ive been sonar forever but wanted to try protools for fun. So they dont restrict howmany computers on a purchased mbox?

you can install it on as many computers as you want....but it will only start up and run on a computer that has a registered iLok with a PT license on it. If you have your iLok in your main DAW, then decide you want to do some on location recording with your laptop, you will have to remove the iLok from the DAW and put it in your laptop to make PT open on the laptop. While the iLok is in your laptop, you will be unable to access PT on the DAW.

you can install it on as many computers as you want....but it will only start up and run on a computer that has a registered iLok with a PT license on it. If you have your iLok in your main DAW, then decide you want to do some on location recording with your laptop, you will have to remove the iLok from the DAW and put it in your laptop to make PT open on the laptop. While the iLok is in your laptop, you will be unable to access PT on the DAW.
Oh, ok, so what ever computer has the ilock, be it my main pc desktop or my laptop, it will run protools.
Right?
Oh, and let me tell you, what a pain in the ass to register all of the plugsins that came with the mbox2 with the ignition pack.:mad:I mean, my god, how secure do they have to make it so no one get a plugin without paying. I have a to of plugins with sonar along with 2 uad cards and was nothing like pt ignition pack!

I always thought with mboxes/digi002/003 you didn't need the ilok to run. Just needed the hardware connected. In fact, I'm doing that right as we speak with my mbox 2 pro!

You don't need the iLok to run it. The iLok is just for plug-in authorizations. You will need the mbox hooked up to run PT on either system though.

Thanks for the help guys. One more thing. The "manual" for the mbox is so limited but I went to bounce to disc and in the folder I sent it there is a left and right of the mix. Whats up with that? No stereo mix. I cant find settings to get it to bounce to stereo,dont want 2 mixes, one left channel and one right channel

its in your bounce options....after you choose bounce to disk....there is a dropdown menu that lets you choose how the tracks bounce down....unfortunatly, I cant remember the exact verbage....

Back