Downgrading from Fast Track Ultra to Fast Track Pro

banjo71

My interface is acting up. I hate it, the Fast Track Ultra costed $399 and it's not working, and I'm in the middle of a project. When I bring up the software portal on the device I notice channels 3,4,5 and 6 don't work anymore! Arrg. So it's crashing on me, like when I save a session or sometimes when I bring up a new session it will cause nasty things to happen.

So, I am lucky to live next to a Guitar Center that sells some new Fast Track Pro's for $149. You can't find them just anywhere. I'm running PT 8.0.3, and money is limited. So, I'm hoping everything will work ok.

i use the fast track pro running MP9.0.5 and I love it. Make sure if its not already setup that your audio settings are adjusted. Otherwise, quick setup and Real Compatible. Idk if you can buy it outright, without software unless used and the only thing I can say about that is Be careful. I'm sure you, already owning Avid Products, are aware of how incredibly tight they are with their products. I'd just be careful is all.

Check your setting tab. If it does not say WALL POWERED, it means that you have lost your power connection to your wall plug and the unit is operating just off of USB power. When it does that, you lose most of your channels.

Back