Digi Mbox no software , Help .

Dinny

Whats good people's ? I need some info , I have a Digi Mbox but I do not have the protools software , to make a long story short I got duked on ebay . Dude said it came with the software but the next day hours before the biding was over he posted that it was a mistake and i didnt see the new post intell after I won . If I get software for this can be used ? because I have people I know with Protools that will give me there CD or do I have to find new software that was never used ?

Problem is going to be that you will need a key for the software as well. So unless your friend will give you their key aswell i'm not sure how you'll update it?

I don't know why this guy would have digi hardware and not software, that seems strange.

I'd ask for a refund and just buy one with the software.

^^True.

You're going to need an authorization code. You can buy the software at digidesign.com. Pro Tools 7.4 full version cost about $75 to download and $97 to get it sent to you on disc. They'll give you an authorization code when you make the purchase.

I just bought 7.4 and I'm waiting on it to get to my home. Only reason I bought the software was because I have Vista and 7.3 isn't compatible with Vista.

Okay so if I get a key code from my friend " which i dont think wil be a problem " then im okay ? If not then I will get it from digidesign.com I went and checked that out so thanks for that info .

I got a used Mbox 1 just like you, except mine was on Craigslist. It came without the software.

I paid the $75 to download PT LE 7 and then I went ahead and paid to have them send the CD as well.

I recommend spending the $75. It is well worth it and the Mbox with PT LE 7 is a very solid little home recording rig. I don't think you will regret it. I have a Digi001, Digi002 rack and the Mbox. The Mbox is my favorite of them all.

bilco

Back