Digi 002 Backface

farewellending

Hey,
I am looking to use the two inputs on the back of the Digi 002 console (inputs 5 & 6) for two toms. I am going to get a 1/4" to XLR cable so that I can do this. However, my problem is is that it doesn't look like it has a preamp. Is there a simple and cheap solution to fix this so that I can use my first 4 inputs for bass drum, snare, both overheads, and the last two for the toms. I do not need it to sound amazing because I am sampling the toms out anyway using drumagog. Should I get a tube preamp dual channel or something like that? Please help me! I need a quick easy cheap solution. Thanks
-Tom

Do you have a mixing desk with pre's?

I use a mackie 1402 vlz and my 002 to get 8 ins. I track directly into the 002 on the first 4 inputs, and track into my mixer for the other 4 which is then patched into my 002's other 4 inputs.

If you don't have a desk, you could get a cheap behringer desk...but I would just save up and get something that is quality.

002's are pretty cheap now the 003 is out, i'm sure you could pick one up for pretty cheap and link them.

Back