Detailed volume changes

Schwarzenyaeger

Formerly "Dog-In-Door"
When I'm in the edit window for PT I can only change the volume in .2-.5 dB changes but in the mix window I can hold down the control key and go for .1 changes.
How do I do this in the edit window?

Hi,
Have you tried expanding the track height in the edit window?
I guess if it's set to small then one increment will equal a larger change than if the view is set to large.

Are you talking about drawing volume changes on the automation line?
I can make 0.5 changes in 'normal view', but 0.1 changes when the track height is expanded.

Sorry buddy. I don't know what to tell you!
Could it be related to screen resolution? What are you working at?

Are you talking about drawing volume changes on the automation line?
I can make 0.5 changes in 'normal view', but 0.1 changes when the track height is expanded.

Sorry buddy. I don't know what to tell you!
Could it be related to screen resolution? What are you working at?

I'm installing PT11 as we speak. Just got it upgraded from 10. Let's see what happens :P

Probably obvious, but you have to click the thing you want to change before pressing the Control key. I remember trying to do .1dB adjustments by pressing Control then clicking, which doesn't work.

I'm installing PT11 as we speak. Just got it upgraded from 10. Let's see what happens :P

I was using PT10 when I checked.
I can do single digit changes on pan knobs and 0.1 changes on automation lines if the edit view is big enough.
I don't think I can do 0.1 changes on faders without holding the modifier key first.

Back