Delay plguins bug/problem?

kolor2013

Hey everyone

I've got a specific problem, because i tried almost everything what have been told to do in this type of situation, but here is what is happening: most of delay plugins (not everyone) when i try to use them they are causing an offbeat for ex - of my vocal. It is like the original waveform is moved few seconds to the right side (ofcourse i do not see this but i just want to describe this issue as simply as it is possible ). For example in echoboy when it is on 1/2 , i've watched mixnotes on youtube and he has got there a nice tutorial for a delay throws, so i decided to try this. He has got no problem with echoboy when it is 1/2 or whatever, but when i try to do the same thing, the whole thing is messed up, vocal just goes off the beat. I tried delay compensation etc. It is not helping at all. EVEN the basic pro tools delays like short delay or long delay causing the same thing. Could you help me? Because i canno't go further with my music production because of this, you know delays are very useful things to do specific effects in your tracks.

Sorry for my english.

Hey,
The plugs are probably set to 100% wet by default. This means you would hear the delay only, and not the original source material.
Set it to 50/50 to hear what's really going on. ;)

Hey,
The plugs are probably set to 100% wet by default. This means you would hear the delay only, and not the original source material.
Set it to 50/50 to hear what's really going on. ;)

Lol man, this helped! I can't believe it was so easy :d. But still my question is why then, i need to put this on 50/50. Because this guy from mixnotes had the mix on 100wet and it still worked for him. Strange indeed. But anyway, thanks to you bro, very much! :)

You usually have two main options when you're using inserts.
One, the way you've done it, is to insert the plug in track signal path.
So it's Audio -> effect -> fader -> out.

This way the plugin controls the wet/dry amount.

The other way is to use a send which is a branch off the above path.
So that's Audio -> fader -> out
......................\
........................-> insert -> out

This way gives you two faders to adjust wet dry. You leave the plugin at 100% wet.
It also means you can send several tracks to the same effect and save on resources.

Last edited:
Back