DAE Errors

batchmister1

DAE Error 6
DAE Error 87
DAE is having trouble keeping up. Your disc could be too slow or too fragmented. A firewire disk could be having trouble do to the extra firewire bandwidth or CPU load. (-9019)

Pro Tools hardware: M-Audio Firewire 410

Pro Tools software version: Pro Tools 7.1 M-Powered

CPU: Intel Pentium 4

Processor spped: 2.8 GHZ

OS version: Win XP SP 2

Motherboard make/model: Intel D865GBF

Chipset: Intel 865G.

Ram:1gb

Hard drives: Internal 200gb. External 300Gb

You have to record to the external drive in order to make pro tools work properly.

Rossi

well, not necessarily. It's not recommended to record to the system drive...which could be causing this issue. It doesn't have anything to do with the drive being external or internal.

recommended disk speed is 7200 rpm. i use firewire hard drives, myself.
you should probably upgrade to another gig of ram as well. i've found anything under 2g makes for an unstable (sometimes unusable) system. make sure your background processes aren't running while you're recording/mixing/whatever.
i used to get the errors when i recorded to my system drive as well, but i think it all depends on the bandwidth your drive is capable of. should be firewire at least, if not eSATA.

Considering that you are running a 7200 rpm disk, you could try this as an workaround.

Delete (make a backup first) of this file

C:\Program Files\common files\Digidesign\DAE\IO Settings\Last Used.pio

I had some DAE errors, and after this step, seens that DAE were rebuild or something and fixed my problems.

Not too scientific, but worked for me :)

Back