Copy & Pasting Chourses

jaynm26

Does any one know a faster way to place/paste the hook in the right place (I still do it the ol'fashion way) with slip mode zoom all the way in and slide it till i get it right there has to be a better way, saw a video where a guy called it "flying in the hook" I know that is not the technical term for it. Hell what is the technical term for it lol ? Need help

I'm a little confused, shouldn't it just automatically line up upon pasting it? I just copy and paste my hooks/verse (or w/e section) and it's perfect.

Hey Jaynm, I can't think of any quicker way unless you're working to the grid.
In slip mode you always have to zoom right in and make sure.

Maybe you're talking about duplicating out a loop? Select it and hit apple-d (ctrl-d)?

To me this is the long way round.
It's rare that I have to do this, but what I'll do is set ProTools to grid, group my tracks as he did, then use the region extend tool to trim the wavs so that they start exactly at chorus bar 1, beat 1.
Now, that may cut off any lead up but don't worry about that.

Now I just click to bar 1 beat 1 of the next chorus and hit paste.
Now use the region extend to pull back any lead up you may have had.

Better yet, just select from the start of your chorus to the start of the next chorus and hit apple-d to duplicate out.
This relies on silence in between the choruses though.
If there's any lead up before the chorus, just compensate for that at the right hand end of your selection.

YEa you zoom in paste the hook and line it up dont you?

No, I don't need to zoom and line it at all. I doing exactly what Steenamaroo is talking about. I watched the video and I agree that seems like he's doing a lot more work than he needs to (imo).

In every daw I've every worked in i've just copy and paste. Never needed to zoom in anything unless I remixing, that's a different story

Back