Consolidate greyed out pro tools

wreckd504

I can't work out what i've done, but somehow Consolidate is now greyed out in the edit menu, and alt shift 3 doesn't do anything either

any ideas?

win xp pt 7.1

I can't work out what i've done, but somehow Consolidate is now greyed out in the edit menu, and alt shift 3 doesn't do anything either

any ideas?

win xp pt 7.1

Im not sure what Consolidate does....but I hope its what I think it does....I am used to using Adobe Audition and there was a "merge/rejoin" option that would take a track that has several splits in it and make them one file...kind of like Grouping the track, but actually making it a single file rather than just looking like a single file....

if this is the Pro Tools equivalent....then thank you very much....

yep sounds like the same thing thajeremy

As is often the case it was something I had done, so to help those who may do the same thing -

Some (Waves in particular) plugs always take about 3-4 minutes to load when opening pro tools, so when I’m tracking I remove all the plug-ins from the plug-in folder ( on my pc c:\program files\common files\digidesign\DAE\plug-ins ) and put them into a temp directory. So when I’m switching between programs pro tools loads quickly. When I’m mixing I put them back in and it rarely matters because I don't leave PT when mixing.

Turns out "consolidate" exists as a plug-in so if you remove every plug you've also removed the ability to consolidate your tracks. I had a look in the folder, but alas there wasn't a plug-in named "consolidate", so I haven't worked out which plug it’s a part of. So I just put all the plugs back and voila, consolidate is back.

FYI if you ever do the same!

Last edited:
Back