Clicking the numercial fader value and it changes to PK, DLY?

wreckd504

If you Apple-click the numerical value of the faders, or on a PC hold ctrl then left click the value changes...anyone know what this is?

I found it by accident this morning. DLY is surely delay, but what is PK? Peak? And what delay, as in how many samples it is being delayed by?

you pretty much got it.
Vol is where your fader is set at.
pk is the last highest peak level you just hit
and dly is the delay in samples your plugins are inducing to your track.

and dly is the delay in samples your plugins are inducing to your track.

Actually, its the number of samples of delay actually caused by the plugins; the difference being, PT will do some Automatic Delay Compensation (ADC) up to the number of samples set by your buffer. The reading you are given therefore, is the number of samples of delay AFTER all ADC possible has been applied - this is the number of samples you will need to move all the regions on that track backwards in time so that it is in sync with the rest of your session.

Actually, its the number of samples of delay actually caused by the plugins; the difference being, PT will do some Automatic Delay Compensation (ADC) up to the number of samples set by your buffer. The reading you are given therefore, is the number of samples of delay AFTER all ADC possible has been applied - this is the number of samples you will need to move all the regions on that track backwards in time so that it is in sync with the rest of your session.

yes, I know. that's basically what I said when I wrote "what your plugins are inducing to your track"
If it reads 0, your plugins are not inducing any delay
If it reads 1024...the plugins are inducing 1024 samples of delay.

yes, I know. that's basically what I said when I wrote "what your plugins are inducing to your track"
If it reads 0, your plugins are not inducing any delay
If it reads 1024...the plugins are inducing 1024 samples of delay.

i know, i was being just slightly anal about the whole thing ;)

Back