Cheapest way to be able to open ProTools sessions

NL5

Unpossible!
What is the cheapest way I can open any ProTools session, so I can at least export it to wav files?

Probably buying a mbox micro which is basically just a dongle for about $225 or finding a used 1st gen mbox. They seem to go for around $150 around here.

PT M-powered (buy with the dongle)?

Either that or the new Micro thing for PT LE...

Probably buying a mbox micro which is basically just a dongle for about $225 or finding a used 1st gen mbox. They seem to go for around $150 around here.

They will let me open a full ProTools session? (Non-LE)

Also, if I have the dongle, can I leave the maudio hardware unplugged and use my current hardware?

They will let me open a full ProTools session? (Non-LE)

According to digidesign, the micro will let you open HD sessions.

"As the much anticipated answer to one of the top requests from Pro Tools® users, ultra-small Mbox® 2 Micro enables Pro Tools users to edit, sequence, and mix sessions created on Pro Tools|HD®, Pro Tools LE®, and Pro Tools M-Powered™ systems on the go, as well as compose music with virtual instruments and loops. "

What is the cheapest way I can open any ProTools session, so I can at least export it to wav files?

if you just need it for one project....I'd call up a local studio and ask them how much they will charge you just to export the WAV files (or even give you an OMF of the session)
Probably would be much less than buying a whole new PT setup

if you just need it for one project....I'd call up a local studio and ask them how much they will charge you just to export the WAV files (or even give you an OMF of the session)
Probably would be much less than buying a whole new PT setup

No, I want to be able to export stuff when it comes in. I had a band come in yesterday with a HDD and a pro tools session on it. I was dead in the water from the word go. If I can get the dongle and software for a couple hundred bucks, I will do that.

Back