Cant open protools "Select waves plug ins"

MartinQ

I recently got a waves bundle and when I try and open pro tools A window pops up behind the pro tools splash saying select waves plug-ins but when I try and select anything I just get the error noise like a bonk noise (i'm on a mac) I've tried searching on line all day for a fix but every suggestion I have found has not work for me. Any ideas?

i had this problem a long time ago and i can't remember how i solved it, but try this solution from a chap on GS forums.

"Waves Issue In Pro Tools 8
When launching Pro Tools, the Waves dialog "Where is the Waves Plug-Ins folder?" may pop up behind the Pro Tools splash screen and may become inactive after bringing it to the foreground.

To solve this issue:
1. Right click on Waves Plug-ins folder and make Alias
2. Rename created "Alias to Waves Plugins" (capitalization is very important) to : Waves Plugins
3. Copy alias (to clipboard)
4. Go to ~/Users/Current User/Library/Preferences/
5. Create new folder and name it Waves Preferences
6. Paste Waves Plugins alias(from clipboard) into created folder (Waves Preferences)
7. Delete alias that you created in step 2
8. Start Pro Tools"

good luck.

Have you some old Waves plugins already in your system? I had something similar happen. I had bought Musician Bundle 2 about 6 months ago, they worked fine. But I just bought C6 from Waves, and they completely overhauled their way of doing things. THey've got a Waves installer now, v8, that installs all the plugins on the system, you check the ones you bought, and it will ask you to put in a ser no. But to get there, you must update your old Waves Plugins to be compatible with v8, and to do that log on to Waves and your account and click update. I think that may help. Can't hurt. Of course you may have to reinstall both iLok downloads too.

Back