Can't hear wet signal

keelerstein

Hi, newbie here, wondered if anybody could help.

I am running Pro Tools 9 HD on a Mac.
After connecting my guitar all I can hear is a dry signal.
Process I used is:
1. Add mono audio track.
2. Assign I/Os
3. Add Eleven free to first insert slot
4. Arm track.

All I can hear is the dry signal.The audio track is metering but Eleven free is registering no input I'm probably missing something obvious.
Incidentally, when I record something and then add eleven free it seems to work
Many thanks.

I'm not an HD user, but IIRC there's an option called 'low latency monitoring' in one of the menus.

It enables direct monitoring which would be dry.

Look for that and turn it off, and sure, let us know if that doesn't help.

Many thanks for you reply. Have looked in the ref. manual and it instructs thus:
To override Low Latency Monitoring During Recording on specific record tracks:
␣ Command-Control-click (Mac) or Control- Start-click (Windows) the Track Compensation indicator. Delay Compensations is applied to the track and the Track Compensation indicator displays in blue.
Unfortunately this seems to have no effect, the indicator remains green.
Fortunately somebody on another forum gave me a workaround. Add aux track, add insert and then point at audio track. This works thankfully, however I still would like to get to the bottom of the problem.
Thanks again for your help

Thanks, delay compensation in options directs you to Playback engine where you can set it to either long or short . Once this is done you can disable it via the mixer.
Unfortunately no change. Guess I'll continue with using aux tracks for now.

Thanks, delay compensation in options directs you to Playback engine where you can set it to either long or short . Once this is done you can disable it via the mixer.
Unfortunately no change. Guess I'll continue with using aux tracks for now.

keeler, look for "low latency monitoring".

Delay compensation is a different thing.

keelerstein, i run pro tools 8 m-powered, so its abit diff but I never had any trouble with this save for possible latency issues, but, if that happens, you should get an error message on screen and playback/record will cease.

I simply put Eleven on an audio track insert and it works fine. I have to have the 'Record enable" button highlightedo n the track to be able to hear it. Becuz I hate latency, I also go to setup>playback options and set the samples as low as they go and the disck cache as low as it goes, too, for super low latency. When you have lots of tracks, u may have to sum them together to playback this tight but if u have an HD system, I'm guessing ur rig is way more capable than mine.

See if record enabling the track helps.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, u said u did that.

That's odd. Your I/O is configured correctly?

nsterken, PT HD differs from other versions in that it has zero latency monitoring.
It's like direct monitoring on an interface, in that you won't hear any processing; Just the raw recorded track.

Hi, O.k. under options there is no Low Latency monitoring option. I have seen a couple of videos where this is clearly listed at the bottom (not sure what version they were using). At the bottom of my options menu is Delay compensation.

Hmmm, strange.
What hardware are you using? I looked into it and LLM is a hardware feature if you use 002/003/mbox pro etc.

Does your hardware have a direct monitoring function to turn off?

I'm using RME M-32 AD/DA Units connected to my HD card via an SSL XLogig madi converter. No direct monitoring function there. The RME's are connected to my desk via a patchbay. Although I am using the preamp stage in the desk everything else is bypassed on the way in and its going directly to a pair of stereo outs.

I'll be honest. I'm struggling now, but you mentioned a green/blue indicator earlier.

What happens if you click that?

Also, is delay compensation turned on? Turn it on if not.

Really, delay compensation and low latency monitoring are two different things, but by definition both can't be on at the same time.
Maybe turning delay compensation on is the way it's done?

I am having the same problem except I am using MP9 and a C600. I cannot hear a "wet" guitar sound until I add it after I record. Anyone with specific instructions, please help!

Back