can some1 help me mix "downloadable session inside"

grkblood13

I know I'm going out on a limb here but here it goes:

I have protools 7.0 LE and waves diamond. I have been trying to mix a track down for the first time on protools but can't seem to get the sound i want. I was wondering if any1 would be willing to download the session, attempt to mix it, and send me the session back so i can try to learn what I am doing wrong.

here is the link to to the session:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OWF6N4PN

I'd like to get a couple of peoples take on their mixing process. It just seems so much easier to do it this way than to try to explain certain things. If people do this and the people who volunteer are cool with it I would like to host the sessions on a file sharing site and update this thread so that this could help others as well.

if you download it please reply to this thread. thanks.

EDIT: this is a southern rap session

Last edited:
I'll give it a go anyway, but trying to combine a "mixed" instrumental track with unmixed vocals will never yield premium results.

I know I'm going out on a limb here but here it goes:

I have protools 7.0 LE and waves diamond.

I'm going go to out on a limb and suggest you probably shouldn't advertise that you're stealing software. The Waves Diamond bundle retails for just under $3,000. You're telling us you spend that much on plugins, but don't know how to mix? I call bullshit. Try starting with the built-in plugins and get that shit to sound good.

Since we're all assuming I'm guessing your also going to assume I stole my $550 mbox 2 bundle, $700 blue baby bottle mic, and $600 presonus eureka, plus all the other various things I have like monitors, keyboard, cables, old mics and preamps, etc.?

Anyways, I will re-up it after I get off work. I'll also up the one uMo did which will be on 7.4. Mine will still be on 7.0 even though I upgraded to 7.4 last week. Lemme guess, I stole that too?

Since we're all assuming I'm guessing your also going to assume I stole my $550 mbox 2 bundle, $700 blue baby bottle mic, and $600 presonus eureka, plus all the other various things I have like monitors, keyboard, cables, old mics and preamps, etc.?
You're telling me you spent over $5,000, and you're not sure how to mix? I call bullshit.

Last edited:
Well, Steve, stranger things have happened in the world.

The amount of money a musician spends on equipment seldom has any relation to their abilities...

-Kev

Thats nothing my boy spent 10 grand on his stuff the mpc 2500 - the motif - protools with the 8 track Digi board and a mic , the motif and the mpc are collecting dust and its been over a year . Some times when cats go out and buy there setup and they have the money they grab what they think the need ( or in my homie case what the sales person in samash told him he needs ) me I just have the MBox 2 and the motif which I just bout last week and I just know the basics on that but I will get it , some people just like to learn as they go .

Back