Brickwall Limiter for Pro Tools M-Powered

Dave46239

Does Pro Tools M-Powered come with a brick wall limiter? I've tried using the bundled limiter and can't get it to work correctly, but this could easily be my lack of skill. I'd like to know if the bundled limiter can be used as a brick wall before I go any further. Thanks!

David

Does it come with the Dyn3 compressor? You can set it up as a limiter, plus it has the visual readout so you can see what it's doing.

Just turn the ratio all the way up so the readout shows a flat line from the threshold.
Adjust the knee so that it's a sharp point rather than rounded off.

When the audio is playing you can see your levels and the effect the compressor (limiter) is having.
Now just move the threshold up and down to choose the level at which the tool kicks in.

Attack and release controls are there too. What you want them to do is up to you, but I guess quick attack and quick release would be useful.

I'm banging my head against a (brick) wall trying to remember the name of a free RTAS plugin I had before I moved rigs and got the IK mastering suite, looking at lists but can't find it - was a master bus limiter like Maxim but it was *much* better sounding....it was from a fairly well regarded plugin maker....argggh!!!!

Ooooh, maybe it was the Massey L2007...?

Back