Bouncing problem

bart2712

Whether I bounce to disk or use the bounce to track method, wmp and other audio players give an error and won't play the created audio file.

Odd thing is, if I select to share to SoundCloud, the song plays fine...just can't seem to bounce to a file and have any audio players actually play the file.

Anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Can you post an example of a file that doesn't play? It doesn't have to be long or have any important audio. A .wav file via something like Dropbox would work.

Can you open it in something like Audacity, save it with a new name and then play it?

seems if i use the internal bouncing method, it gives me L and R files separately that will play...then if I open them in reaper and render to a wav file, then it works...as for bounce to disk, ill post a file for that tomorrow as i have to goto bed so i can be up for work in the morning.

EDIT: Odd...I had redone my entire system last week so I hadn't reinstalled Audacity...once you mentioned it, I downloaded and installed Audacity, and now suddenly my bounced files play just fine.

Last edited:
scratch that, still having the issue...audacity will open the file and play it correctly. idk what it is, but audacity says its 32 bit float at 44.1k...used 24 bit for session and 16 bit file output

Think it must be some kind of WMP issue...the file plays fine almost everywhere else (Reaper, Audacity, ProTools)

Hi,
That file opens and plays perfectly for me in Protools 11, Firefox and safari browsers, and audacity.
I know that's not a massive amount of help, but at least you know the bounce is OK I guess.

Could your system audio interface be reverting to a lower bit depth and/or sample rate once you quit PT?
Long shot, but worth a look.

BTW guys, sorry for the double/triple post, but if I just edit each post it won't show up under new posts which is how I figure most ppl check for replies. Anyway, OMG I AM SO FRIGGING DENSE. I just figured out my problem...seems the only reason my bounced files were not playing was because I tried playing them with PT still open...as soon as I close PT and try playing them, they work fine.

Hey Bart,
No problem, and thanks for updating us.

I'm glad it was something simple and maybe this'll help someone else in future. :)

yea lmao, i can be such a dunce...just cuz you have a PC that has the capability to run many things at once, doesn't mean it will hahahaha.
I completely didn't think about how PT would take exclusive priority over my sound H/W and not allow anything else to play back while it's open.

Back