Bouncing lotsa files

Schwarzenyaeger

Formerly "Dog-In-Door"
I have a session and I want it to bounce every single track separately as .wavs.
I'm doing it manually by soloing 1 track at a time.

There's got to be a better way.

With or without track and bus fader settings and effects applied?

If you want just the raw tracks (with clip gain and edits applied): Save project with new name (just to be safe), select all, consolidate, export bold items from track list. Or something like that.

I DIed a few things today and I want to mix them in Logic tomorrow. I need every track completely dry, separately

Then what I suggested should work. Selecting all then consolidating combines all the clips on each track into a single file that begins at the start of the project so you can easily line them up in a new project by sliding them to a common start point.

has Protools got anything like Reaper's rearoute?

With Reaper and rearoute you can, say, load up Logic and Reaper, hit record on Reaper and play on Logic, and Reaper will record what Logic is playing.

That's what I meant about them being tricky to find.

When you consolidate a file it'll 'bounce down' all the edits and fades but nothing else.
It just creates new audio wav files in the session 'audio files' folder, rather than asking you for a file name and path like regular bounce would.

My advice to rename each one afterwards is because it can be hard to find your new files, sifting through guitar_01_02_14.wav or whatever.

Consolidate then rename (within the session) 001 vocal, 001 guitar 001 bass.
That way they'll all be very easy to find.

You can even do this with the session open, copy and paste the consolidated wavs out of your 'audio files' folder, then undo, so your session remains untouched but you got what you needed.
Either that or do a 'save session as' new file name before consolidating.

Consolidate isn't really meant to be a tool for bouncing stuff out of a session, I don't think. That's just a happy coincidence.
I use consolidate when I've done stacks of editing then I want to run elastic audio or something.
Working with the markers is so much handier on a consolidated waveform, see?

If you're stuck I'll do a short video for you.

So btw.:

After you consolidate, just go to audio files and do "organize by size" and the largest files at the top (and all exactly the same size if you consolidated every track at once) will most likely be the consolidated ones. Grab them all with a drag and drop.
That way you don't have to rename them.

A mastering engineer friend of mine stated the exporting files is a little 'purer' than bouncing. If you have no external send/return devices on your tracks or have consolidated your cuts/pastes & external processing into a final track, select the track with the grabber, which will highlight the track in your clip list. The right click on the clip in the list and select 'export to a file'. Then you can select your output folder and name the exported wav file. This will provide the cleanest & fastest result.

Theres a really quick and easy way to do this with a couple of shortcuts!

Switch the all group on, select from session start to the end of the song, hit COMMAND-ALT-3 (on mac) to consolidate. After this is done use the hand tool to select all of the newly consolidated regions in the session and hit COMMAND-SHIFT-K to export highlighted regions. Just export them to a new folder as multiple mono files and you'll be laughing, saves you fishing around in the region list trying to match up file names!

Back