Bounce tracks to multiple wave-files at once

Kuipers78

Hi,
I am not very familiar with Pro Tools, but need to export several audio tracks from Pro Tools projects to (separate) wave-files. Bouncing has to be done from within the project, because the files have to be in sync with each other.
I once had to do this before and I remember I found out a method to assign the required tracks to new busses which I recorded realtime and all at once to outputs. Pro Tools automatically created the separate wave-files per bus, all with the same length.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember how I did this... I do remember I found a YouTube video explaining this, but I cannot find the video either.

Can anybody help me? I already created and assigned the tracks to busses in the project but don't know what to do next..

Hi,
I am not very familiar with Pro Tools, but need to export several audio tracks from Pro Tools projects to (separate) wave-files. Bouncing has to be done from within the project, because the files have to be in sync with each other.
I once had to do this before and I remember I found out a method to assign the required tracks to new busses which I recorded realtime and all at once to outputs. Pro Tools automatically created the separate wave-files per bus, all with the same length.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember how I did this... I do remember I found a YouTube video explaining this, but I cannot find the video either.

Can anybody help me? I already created and assigned the tracks to busses in the project but don't know what to do next..

Hey there.
That's a pretty smart time saver.
Now, Protools 11 has offline bounce, so it may or may not be quicker to just send your session to a PT11 user.
Ruling that out, what you're describing is like this.

Say you've got ten audio tracks (whether mono or stereo), all assigned to main outs 1+2.
You reassign the tracks to bus 1, bus 2, bus 3 etc. If a track is stereo, assign it to the next available pair. ok?

If you were already using buses for effects etc, don't reassign those...ONLY reassign things that are going to your master stereo output.

Now set up brand new tracks to match what you already have, and set the inputs to correspond with those outputs ^.
Bus 1, bus 2 etc etc.

Now if you arm all the new tracks for record and start recording from zero, protools will 'bounce' all your existing tracks, effects and automation to the new set of tracks.
If you name the new tracks properly then you'll be able to find them easily in the audio files folder.

Keep in mind, if you were already using buses and sends in your session, do not reassign the paths that are in use.

Thank you very much, Steenamaroo! That should do it, I will try it tonight (currently at my work).

In addition to your response: I did remember to create new busses instead of reasigning existing onces, something that can be done under the 'I/O' menu option.

Thanks again!

Thank you very much, Steenamaroo! That should do it, I will try it tonight (currently at my work).

In addition to your response: I did remember to create new busses instead of reasigning existing onces, something that can be done under the 'I/O' menu option.

Thanks again!

Sounds like you've got it sussed. If you hit any trouble, give me a shout. :)

I don't have PT in front of me, but if you want to export tracks without any channel processing I think it goes something like this:

Save project with new name (just to be safe).

Select all.

Consolidate.

Export bold items from track list.

I don't have PT in front of me, but if you want to export tracks without any channel processing I think it goes something like this:

Save project with new name (just to be safe).

Select all.

Consolidate.

Export bold items from track list.

Yeah true enough.
Consolidate can be really handy if you just want those raw waves with only your arranging/fading taken into account.

Back