Any way to get around the interface deal?

Again, I didn't wander in here. I replied to a New Post thread search result. I read the thread, and especially the OP's posts.

The OP said they had a 16 channel Alesis FW interface and they needed to record eight tracks at once but was unclear, silent really, on the reason they wanted to use PT. You are perfectly aware that [size=+2]she[/size] will not be able to use that interface with PT. Maybe the current software has limited channel counts, who knows, but the poster wants to record eight channels with an Alesis. Lots of ways to skin that cat, and PT ain't one of them.

C'mon, you act like it's wrong to suggest something someone might not have thought of.
Haha. Yeah, I'm a guy. But I understand due to my username. It happens quite a bit actually, makes me laugh every time. Real name is Elliot.
Thanks for the reaper suggestion even though that wasn't what I was asking for. But I don't mind either way, at least my thread is getting lots of views due to how many posts are occurring due to you and that other guys' argument.

Haha. Yeah, I'm a guy. But I understand due to my username. It happens quite a bit actually, makes me laugh every time. Real name is Elliot.

LOL, I kept wanting to write "she" but said, "No, we don't know!" I guess one slipped in. Sorry 'bout that.

Elliot said:
Thanks for the reaper suggestion even though that wasn't what I was asking for. But I don't mind either way, at least my thread is getting lots of views due to how many posts are occurring due to you and that other guys' argument.

You're welcome. If there's anything else I can do to help...

Word. Plus, you can easily get wave files in and out of protools. I'm not really sure what you're talking about there. Just shift-command-3 to consolidate regions and grab the wave files out of your audio folder. Easy enough.

"I actually have another good reason as to why I use ProTools rather than another program: I have a friend who's a PT guru of sorts and can usually fix any problem I'm having over the phone"

if that's your only reason for choosin protools,,maybe you should shop around,

google does the same thing for all software,,,,,and it never goes on holidays :P

ps,,i understand that wasn't an answer for your question,,,,and i am a protools user.

if that's your only reason for choosin protools,,maybe you should shop around,

google does the same thing for all software,,,,,and it never goes on holidays :P

Are you kidding? I think thats a good reason. I started using pro tools because I had a few friends using it. We could exchange sessions and help each other when there were problems. Google just doesn't cut it for some issues. Now I'm working with people who use cubase, so I bought that and have been using that. There is no program that has a massive advantage over another. I have found no big factor that would make me use one over the other - apart from I don't use logic because I use PC's.

Their sales teams and DAW fan boys will say differently however.

fair enough,,i take your point,and admittedly i love the fact that i have friends using my software, who can help me out,,,but,,

i wouldn't have it as the only basis for choosing software.

i was only thinking,,,if this guy is seeking advice for his interface,,,,maybe he hasn't made a proper choice on his software yet either?

bottom line i suppose is try as many as you can and see what suits you.....

if i didn't want compatibility with others(session wise) i would DEFINITELY still be using sony vegas on xp,,,,,,,easily the fastest and easiest editing suite for my purposes.

fair enough,,i take your point,and admittedly i love the fact that i have friends using my software, who can help me out,,,but,,

i wouldn't have it as the only basis for choosing software.

i was only thinking,,,if this guy is seeking advice for his interface,,,,maybe he hasn't made a proper choice on his software yet either?

bottom line i suppose is try as many as you can and see what suits you.....

if i didn't want compatibility with others(session wise) i would DEFINITELY still be using sony vegas on xp,,,,,,,easily the fastest and easiest editing suite for my purposes.

Back