Any idea about the cost of Pro tools versions?

ritb

Guys,
I tried everywhere but didn't find the pricing of pro tools 10/HD. Site avid.com only has the upgrade costs. Can you tell me what it costs to own it for the first time?
RitB

Oh, I see what you mean.
Just found this.

"PRO TOOLS HD 10
Get all of the same benefits of Pro Tools 10 software along with these additional features and workflows. (Please note that Pro Tools HD software is available only as part of a Pro Tools|HD family system purchase or software upgrade.)"

Seems you can buy ProTools 10 software alone, but you can only get ProTools HD 10 by buying hardware, or upgrading an existing HD package.

If you have a guitar center near you and are a student, you can show your student ID for the discounted version... i think it's $250-300.

If you have a guitar center near you and are a student, you can show your student ID for the discounted version... i think it's $250-300.

Yeah, Pro Tools 10 with the student discount is $300. You can get it at Studica for that price, and they give you four years of free upgrades, too... That's what I did (but due to a charging error, I got Pro Tools 10 for free... =P)

Not sure if I am late here:)

PT10 is for about $700 if not bundled with an Mbox3 soundcard.

When you say PT10 HD this means that you already have an HD Native card + HD H/W interface or HDx card + hardware interface that you want to connect to your PT10 software.
And when you buy the HD H/W, you will get PT with your H/W.

Now if you mean by PT10 HD in terms of features that you want to have in your regular PT10 just like PT10HD (e.g: increase the tracks count, VCA tracks...) then you need to buy the Complete Toolkit that costs about $2000 on top of the PT10 software purchase.

I hope this helps:)
Cheers,

Back