all that white space at the end...

jman1986

hey all, I have a new question lol. I am done with my bands first demo song that we recorded intirly in pro tools (well it's been done since like january). And i'm ready to bounce this song but at the end there is like 40 more seconds of just white space that just built up, is there anyway of getting rid of this so once the song is over it doesn't keep playing in silence? i've tried to highlight all the tracks and then bounce it that way but it still gets the white space. There has to be a simple way of getting rid of it.

thanks,
Jesse

erm...well if you're bouncing an extra 40 secs it sounds like you haven't selected the region you want to bounce...i'm not looking at the screen right now, but you basically click and drag up in the gray bar with the blue 'play' arrow. you can 'highlight' a section to play and that'll be what gets bounced, so just click in the gray bar where the song starts and drag to the end of the song...

do I win?:D

i'm not at my computer either, but as far as i remember,,when you select your region and tell it to bounce,

there's a checkbox somewhere for bounce selected region only or whole session.

switch over to volume automation view....or one of the many other automation views. there's a node sticking way out there somewhere that needs to be deleted.

Back