AAX Plugins Advice

ksgblue1951

Hi,
I need a little advice. I have just brought Protools 11 for Mac and now want to buy Waves CLA Classic Compressors.
If I buy from the waves site, am i sent (via email) a download code or will it come physically in the post? I am in the UK and would like to avoid it taking forever to be shipped from waves.com
Would I be better buying from amazon?

Also has anyone done the upgrade, as i understand they come in the old format that will not work with protools 11 and you have do the free to upgrade aax format?

Thanks

Hi,
I need a little advice. I have just brought Protools 11 for Mac and now want to buy Waves CLA Classic Compressors.
If I buy from the waves site, am i sent (via email) a download code or will it come physically in the post? I am in the UK and would like to avoid it taking forever to be shipped from waves.com
Would I be better buying from amazon?

Also has anyone done the upgrade, as i understand they come in the old format that will not work with protools 11 and you have do the free to upgrade aax format?

Thanks

I think both options exists with retail purchase (As with ProTools). Your best bet would be to just ask the retailer.

I've had the platinum bundle for years and upgrade to PT11 recently.
The AAX installer was a simple 10 second job. It's here if you didn't know.

The bundle is fantastic but I make greater use of the reverbs and eqs than anything else.
I use the limiters once in a while, but often fall back on the stock digi compressor instead of the waves C series.

I really should get to know the waves comps better!
I've used the H-comp on drums a few times recently to great effect. It's not a subtle compressor! :p

Back