VF80 firmware update

myloula

Firmware update for VF80 1.5 can be downloaded from Fostex Japan site. (I asked Fostex America to update their download page). You will need the internal CD drive to update the firmware / flash memory yourself. Easy to perform the update. Otherwise, you have to ship unit to Fostex for free update.

I got the 1.5 manual supplement faxed to me from Fostex America Service dept.
1-800-636-7839 EXT.125.

Before you ship your VF80 to Fostex..........
Basically, new features include a "chain play" function that allows you to set up a play list of programs and play them back to back.
Also, a change in menu choices when ripping audio CD data to the VF80....you can now choose "all" as a quick select (before, you had to select one track at a time).

Performing VF80 software update via CD-1A (Optional CD-R):
Software update requires Optional CD-R (CD-1A), there is no other way to update software on VF80 without CD-1A.
Download the update file from Fostex site.
Unzip the file by using “WinZip” program.
The unzipped file should be “VF_80MVx.yz” where x.yz software version number, such as VF80_MV1.05, if you are updating to version 1.05.
Copy the uzipped fie to the blank CD.
Load the CD onto the CD-1A.
Press SETUP key and Select “Load PGM” with the Jog wheel and press ENTER/YES.
In Load Device Select , Select IDE then press ENTER/YES key.
VF80-MV1.05 Sure? Blinking.
Press ENTER/YES key.
Loading! Then Writing.
VF80 automatically goes into Boot up process again.
Software update is done.

If you do not have required hardware to update, Fostex is offering "Free of charge softeware update at our Service Department.
In this case please ship your unit to the followings;

Software update

Att: Fostex Service Department
15431 Blackburn Ave., Norwalk CA90650

Please enclose a note that you want to have a software update, and your daytime phone number.

Notes:
Software updates over-writes "Flash memory" inside the recorder but not hard drive, therefore, the software update will not erase your recording on the hard drive.

Turn around: about 5 workings days. For details, please call Fostex Service Department at;
1-800-636-7839 EXT.125.

Back