VF80.... do I need powered speakers?

Guitar Jim

Here's the story.... yes, yes I know I'm a total dummy at this stuff but please try not to laugh ok.
I just plugged in my newly acquired VF80, followed all the instructions, and to my amazement I actually managed to successfully record my plugged in acoustic guitar on track 1 after only a short time. However, on playback, I can't get any real volume from the speakers. I thought the VF80 would power the speakers and headphones...... maybe I'm wrong.
Sooooooo, do I need "powered speakers" in order to get listenable volume?
At the moment I just need speakers so I can at least hear my recordings properly; sound quality is not important, I just want to hear myself.....I'll get decent monitors later on when I can afford it.
I've done a google search and I have eyed the Behringer MS16 active stereo speakers... they are just within my price range ( remember I'm not after great quality.... just need to hear myself ). Does anyone know if these speakers would definitely provide good volume when plugged into the VF80? Also, are these type of speakers plugged into an AC outlet? If so, would they be connected with a chord so they are plugged into just one AC outlet rather than needing 2 AC outlets ( one for each speaker )?
As you can see I know zero about this stuff.

Help!
You can all stop laughing now.
Hey, 3 years ago I didn't even know how to use a mouse....... I thought a mouse was a little grey thing with a tail and 4 legs..

Last edited:
Back