updates

Thanks for your response but the question was how do I get the update into the recorder.There was nothing there on that topic. I downloaded the update just don't know how to installit. thanks again

Again, great question. I am not a user of the product but I would assume somewhere in that link I sent would be install instructions. Any good software/hardware developer will have those instructions. It may just not be easy to find. I do not have the product myself so I cannot give direct advice. Looks like it should be there tho man.

Shit. The MR8 isn't even listed on that page. :(

Maybe time for some searching for a forum for the gear you have. I wish I could help man. Best to ya!

The mr8 is listed there because thats where I got the update it's just that there's ni instructions for installing the update, thanks for your help anyway sir maybe someone will be able to help me down the road :)

Found elsewhere on this forum:

"I found the following post from Nils K on 9/22/2004 ....IT WORKED FOR ME ....
In my case, I left the CF card in the MR-8 and turned the USB "on" , then used these steps to copy and install the unzipped file mr08_mv1.21 ...However, I probably could have just inserted the CF card into the computer to transfer the unzipped file.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nils' instructions follow >>>>>>>>

A couple of things may be wrong here...

Firstly, you have to have room to spare on the CF card in the MR-8. If you do, then try this:

1) Unzip the contents of the zipped file to the same location as the zipped file (i.e. the PC hard disk)

2) Mark the file with the cursor.

3) Press Ctrl-C to copy it.

4) Mark the MR-8 root folder (The F:-drive on your system, if I get you right)

5) Press Ctrl-V to insert it (i.e. paste the file to the CF card on the MR-8)

6) When the file transfer is over (red light on the MR-8 is out) disconnect the MR-8 from the PC (see the manual for how to do this properly).

7) Turn off the MR-8.

8) While holding the STOP button on the MR-8, turn it on again.

9) The MR-8 asks you to confirm upgrade "VERSION UP" by pressing RECORD and YES. Do this, and wait for the MR-8 to finish its upgrade.

10) Turn the MR-8 off, and then back on, and you are done."

Back