Recommended drum machines or drum software for MR-8

Ricklh

I want to get some drum sounds of decent quality on my MR-8 without breaking the bank. At the moment, I only have an acoustic guitar and Behringer mic but plan on expanding my instruments to a Fender Telecaster and bass guitar. The thing I'm interested in at the moment, though, is finding the most user-friendly drums I can get: what do you guys recommend that isn't too difficult to use for drum sounds on your MR-8? I have Cakewalk's Guitar Tracks 2 Drag & Drop Drums Lite software I could download to my MR-8, but this type of thing seems like it would difficult to control, too robotic, if you know what I mean. Are there some reasonably-priced, free-standing (meaning non-computer), drum machines you would recommend? (reasonbly-priced = < $200)

Thanks in advance.

OK, don't get me wrong.....the "user friendly" thing depends upon the USER! I have a Boss DR5 that has great voicings but it does so many things and has so many ways you can use it, it's a little intimidating to me. If you can comprehend the manual, it's fine....I have no problem with the manual, but so far I have only used it for some basic drum tracks and as a sound generator for my midi keyboard.
They sell new for around $500 or something like that, but I got mine at a pawn shop for $155. I've seen them on e-bay for as little as $125. There are some less expensive units available, but I have come to trust Boss and Roland as quality names. It hasn't let me down yet.

bd

Ricklh,

I use a BOSS Dr 670, it sells for about 250.00 - I got it for 175.00 used. BOSS manuals are easy to understand. Before this one I had a DR 660 which i very much miss!!! I could do stuff on that machine that I cannot do with the 670. BUT the 670 is a good machine. As Bdbdbuck said the DR5 is a good one too.

dr670 -

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=030601075442024159045252233228/g=home/search/d=tp?q=dr670

dr5 -

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...5252233228/g=perc/search/detail/base_id/35341

If you are interested in the software side of things:

www.doggiebox.com

Right now, it only runs on Mac OS X...so if you are Mac guy you are lucky. I've used Doggiebox for several recordings (in conjunction with a VF80) and it works great.

-sV

Ihave had the Zoom RT-323 for about a year now and like it pretty well, though I have no basis for comparison. The drums themselves sound well enough for my uses, but the cymbals are somewhat limited.

Can you say "Quantize programing"? I'm sure that I can't even spell it! But once you figure out the "step programming" on the RT-323, and dedicate a good portion of your life to quiet rooms and bad posture, you've got it beaten!

BUY REAL DRUMS!!! I probably will eventually!

Back