Is this quirk a design of the MR-8?

Ricklh

When I switch over to mic/line position, I don't get a signal from the microphone if I have something plugged into the 1/4" unbal/guitar input. So, I have to unplug the guitar cord and then I'll get a signal from the mic. It seems that if you're switched to "mic/line", it shouldn't matter if a cord is plugged into the unbalanced/guitar jack and it's a little annoying to have to unplug the cord just to record a mic track.

The manual states that you can't use both 1/4" and xlr input at the same time, so I'd say it's by design. Be nice if you could though.

Okay, thanks. I guess they had to make some sacrifices/inconveniences for the relatively low cost of the unit, but for everything else it does and does well, I can surely live with that. :-) But can an outboard mic/line mixer work with the MR-8? Any particular ones recommended?

Yes,a mixer does work with the MR8. Depending on your budget. But get one with a pre amp built in. Behringer mixers are about the cheapest for what they can do. So you're looking at $50.00 and up. Check past threads or go to rack forum. Good luck Pj

Back