Please show me how to record tracks on my FD4

Hello all

I have a Fostex FD4 with a Syjet 1.5 gb
drive but lucky me i dont have a manual.

Im not asking anyone for the manual unless theyd be willing to show me where theres one online or they can e mail it to me but in the meantime

can you show me how to record tracks on my FD4?
and if necessary how to save them?

I already formatted the drive to normal mode so i have about 8 and a half hours of recording time. I just dont know how to get this thing to work in terms of recording please you guys and gals gotta help me!

Also is there a way to get it to sync to your sequencer so that it records when your sequencer starts playing?
What i want to do is record vocals that are in sync with the sequences i have already made so it would be just like having time coded vocals on a tape or something like that.
But you see what im getting at?
How do i get the fd4 to slave to my sequencer so that it records a track or tracks when i start the sequencer?
Please give me any information you can
im desperate please help me!!!

Peace
Illa

this is basic recording from memory
before you start you must reset all the knobs faders and switches to the off/zero position.

1. connect your source to input 1. then set the switch to input ( located just above the fader ).

2. turn the knob marked input/track all the way to the right or to track. then turn the pan knob at the bottom of the mixer section all the way left.
( when recording 1 pan goes left, 2 pan goes right, 3 left, 4 right, L left and R right )

3. press the 1/L button so that it flashes (located just below the lcd screen). then press the record button so that it flashes (located at the bottom of the same section).

4. set the selector switch to MON (located above the L/R fader). then turn the master mon knob just above to 5 or halfway.

start playback from your source

5. set the L/R fader to the 7/8 position. then adjust the fader and EQ to your liking on mixer channel 1.

make sure that the level meter doesn't peak at "OL" but at "O" on the lcd screen

6. once all the levels are set and everything sounds how you want it to sound, press and hold the flashing record button. while holding the record button, press the play button and immediately start the source playback.

badda bang badda boom

[This message has been edited by ChurchBoy (edited 07-20-2000).]

I E-mailed the bulk of the manual to someone here a little while ago. Go back and check through the archives of this topic to find his name. He may still have it and be able to provide it to you.

Back