MR8 - undo/remaining time

Laura C

I am taking my first few runs at recording on my brand new MR8 and have a couple of questions.

The counter says I have 24 mins and 02 seconds of memory when the card is blank. Several times I have gotten false starts, and have hit the undo button. I had hoped that this would wipe the slate clean enough to have 24 mins and 02 seconds of recording time again. Not so... it appears to just keep whacking off the seconds I used whether I "undo" the take or not. So if I have more than two or three "undo's" I go back in the menu and delete the song. Is this just the way things have to be, or am I missing some way to quickly regain my full record time?

ALSO, I just recorded two tracks at once -- guitar and vocal -- on tracks 5/6. I played it back; it sounded pretty good, but the guitar was a little louder than my voice (though I checked the meters before starting). I suppose if you record two tracks at once they're forever fused together at the level at which you recorded them? Also, they're both mono tracks - (guitar in my right ear, vocal in the left). I know this may be a stupid question, but how do I mix them into stereo (assuming I could eventually get the recording levels even)? Would I do that on the MR8 or on my computer with Power Tracks?

Thanks for any light you can shed my way.
LC

You can delete used memory for a Song from the Song menu. Use the Delete Unused option to free this memory.

When you mix them in PowerTracks, you can separate and pan as desired. When you record in stereo on the MR8, it's one hard left and the other hard right.

Ed

Ed Dixon said:
You can delete used memory for a Song from the Song menu. Use the Delete Unused option to free this memory.

When you mix them in PowerTracks, you can separate and pan as desired. When you record in stereo on the MR8, it's one hard left and the other hard right.

Ed

I tried "Delete Unused" option and the counter returned at exactly the same number. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the response Ed -- you've been a great resource. I'm sure when Power Tracks arrives at my door I'll be back on here asking for help!

LC

Laura;

If you ordered PowerTracks from PG Music online, you don't have to wait til the disk gets there. With the number they give you, you can download the full working version now. Be sure to also download the latest update for it.

CR ><>

Sure sopunds like one of the tracks still contains data. When you playback, you can see what level meters move.

Ed

Back